Senior Full-Stack Developer-Web Apps
Founded in 2011, privately held TransformativeMed, Inc., headquartered in Seattle, Washington, is the world-wide leader in developing Cerner-integrated solutions that enable hospitals and health systems to modernize their Electronic Health Record (EHR) for future innovation. Used at more than 120 hospitals, the interface-free, CORE Value Suite solutions optimize clinician workflows and augment clinical intelligence to support complex disease management. Machine-learning and Artificial Intelligence are used to ensure that the EHR seamlessly serves patient-specific and specialty-specific care intelligence to care providers as they work, dramatically reducing repetitive data entry, to streamline workflows and decision support processes. Health systems realize more value by rapidly innovating their existing EHR without replacing it.
This position will have opportunities to collaborate with the development team in multiple areas, including: EHR (electronic health record) embedded web application development, mobile app development with Cordova, reporting and data-driven solutions, machine learning, voice-enabled applications, etc.
- Work with the application development teams to code, test and deliver healthcare applications spanning a variety of technologies and delivery solutions, including: browser-based EHR-embedded web apps, mobile apps, reporting and data-driven solutions and machine learning and voice enabled systems
- Support coding conventions and best practices as adopted at TransformativeMed.
- Provide detailed documentation of your code
- Document testing, deployment and support guidelines and instructions of the implementation and support team
- Collaborate with product management, customers and clinicians on application design
- Provide technical customer support and troubleshooting with client-partner’s during collaborative innovation and development cycles
- Provide technical support escalation with the internal implementation and support team
- Track and document development progress with the development and product management team
- Other responsibilities as required
- Full-stack development experience with large web applications rendered in the browser (i.e., client-side rendering)
- Familiarity with MVC design patterns in web application development
- Proven experience in the full life-cycle of commercial software product development from the idea and design phase, through prototype, optimization, deployment and support
- Proven ability to work with small agile teams to efficiently and effectively create web applications
- Ability to work with remote development teams located in other US time-zones
- A desire to work in a healthcare software startup environment with a goal of improving healthcare and patient’s lives
- Moderate to advanced PHP experience (specifically RESTful API development)
- Moderate to advanced PostgreSQL experience (particularly with stored procedures)
- Mustache.js or similar templating experience
- Mobile application support (iOS and Android)
- Experience with clinical software and workflow application
- EHR experience, specifically Cerner PowerChart
- Cerner MPages and CCL experience
Required Qualifications, Education Or Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and subsequent work experience in computer science and engineering with a focus on web application experience (exceptions made for persons with long-term experience in this field), OR
Performance & Success Measures (metrics are updated yearly based on the company status):
- Product development output (products, features, fixes, etc.) and quality (overall stability and success of the product and features worked on)
- On-time delivery of development tasks
- Effective and time limy technical support for complex issue escalation
- Effective and consistent code/product documentation (both inline and wiki based)
- Development of technical skills within the TransformativeMed application stack
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with the TransformativeMed team
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TransformativeMed provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.